Southern Region Waste Resource Authority
SRWRA is and continues to be a creative, prosperous and connected Authority that works in partnership with its Constituent Councils. The Authority values and invests in knowledge and environmental sustainability initiatives to ensure its Landfill operations will continue to play a central role as a mainstay solution for disposal of waste for southern metropolitan Adelaide and the Fleurieu Peninsula region. We acknowledge the challenge and need to invest in industry best practices and systems that aim to minimise environmental impacts and maximise resource recovery from our operations for our Constituent Councils and customers.
SRWRA is guided by its strategic vision “to be a leader in employing innovative resource recovery approaches, and in managing all products and materials as valuable and finite resources”, and by the following four strategies within the Strategic Plan.
- Operate in a financially, environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
- Maximise the life of the landfill through the exploration and adoption of efficient and cost-effective disposal services and technology.
- To consider and evaluate alternative technology solutions to provide enhanced environmental, economic and social benefit.
- Ensure our facilities are operated to meet the requirements of the EPA license.
- Apply the principles of good governance to all of our operations.