LES PERRY MEMORIAL GRANT PROGRAM
INFORMATION AND CRITERIA
The Les Perry Memorial Grant Program was instigated in 2010 to recognise the substantial contribution made to SRWRA by the late Les Perry. Les Perry was the Executive Officer of SRWRA from 1999 to 2007 and his dedicated and tireless efforts are acknowledged in the waste management industry.
The grant aims to support projects and activities that contribute to the education of primary school students in the area of waste minimisation and recycling.
The purpose of the grant is to assist in the development of a school or individual class project that encourages student participation and offers innovative approaches to recycle or re-use materials and resources sustainably.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
• Any Primary School located in the Onkaparinga, Marion and Holdfast Bay Council areas.
• must have a clearly stated purpose and a clear plan for achieving this purpose
• must comply with recognised Australian Standards and must observe any relevant Federal, State or Local Government regulations or guidelines
• all projects must relate to the purpose of the grant
• all projects must achieve waste minimisation or recycling outcomes
WHAT PRIORITIES DETERMINE THE ALLOCATION OF GRANTS?
Given the limited availability of funds, priority will be given to projects that:
• satisfy the essential criteria
• demonstrate significant benefit to the student’s education
• indicate an innovative approach to recycle or re-use materials and resources sustainability
Mon - Fri 6:30am - 5pm
Saturday 8:00am - 3pm
Christmas Day Closed
New Years Day Closed
SRWRA – Administration & Landfill Operation
ABN: 37 443 975 085
112 Bakewell Drive
Seaford Heights SA 5169
Ph: (08) 8327 0304